Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Finally Morally Devastating


I'm listening to really sappy music, talking to a friend about dealing with death and I just finished The Reader, which ended up being the first book to make me cry in a long time. I started it this morning and, between classes and free time after school I finished it. I couldn't bear to put it down and when I had finished, I closed it with a sense of...closure, I suppose. Imagine that. I walked away from it stunned, and with a new perspective on love, ethics, innocence, desire, history, decisions, coping and reading itself. It's been a while since I found a book like this. They come through a person's life so rarely, so that when one does, I cling to it with all my soul. One of those books that you know will stick with you long after you've read it. The kind that, on a rainy day that's perfect for reading, when you don't quite have the drive to start a new book, you can always pick back up and jump back into.
My favorite kind.

1 comment:

planned confusion said...

it was a wonderful movie too

quintro.
spanish?
not quite