Friday, June 25, 2010

We were standing on the hood of your car, singing out loud


I love trying to describe the
smell of you.
It's always the same
but never constant.
It makes me feel full, heady

[Heady]
-adjective
1.intoxicating
2.affecting the mind or senses greatly
3.exciting; exhilarating
4.rashly impetuous
5.violent; destructive
6.clever; shrewd

Sitting in breezy, sunlit rooms I press a t-shirt of yours to my face.
Inhale.
I hold it in my lungs as long as I can
like I'm willing it into my airstream,
my veins.
[Keeping you there like a high.]
But even I know that highs
aren't something you can hold onto from day to day.
Each one is unique- somehow unlike any other you've had before.
Like every time we're together.

Sweet smoke.
Deoderant.
Menthol.
Summer.
The soap you use and the woods early in the morning.
Like it might need washed,
but not in a bad way.
Just tired.
Your vices lingering on the hems
and your ache for a life larger than you in the threads.




1 comment:

Megan Williams said...

i understand this...

i think you just made me fall in love.

:) thanks.