Saturday, May 14, 2011

I am not satisfied with the way this has turned out. I am not at peace with the idea that you will stride away from me, from all of us girls, our boyfriends, parents, best friends, sisters and brothers completely unscathed. The fact that you say you're improving doesn't change what you did, and you still deserve comeuppance. Those who put their trust in you should understand what kind of person they have been believing in.
I have not taken this all as gracefully as the other girls, perhaps because I have not had as much time to sweep it under my psychological rug as they have. Perhaps because your betrayal of me was physical, rather than just emotional. Maybe they're just better, more forgiving women than I am. But at the end of the day, half of this little town knows what kind of awful person you are and still no one is brave enough to stand next to me when I propose outing you to the public. And that is a sad and terrible truth. It crushes me that you've silenced the voices of some of the most wonderful young women I know. You don't deserve the good things in your life. The credit, the accolades, the affection. Besides that, I honestly feel like not saying anything at this point is cowardly and would be letting down everyone who has helped to sculpt me into who I am, not to mention putting other girls in danger of being in my exact position. WHEN SOMEONE IN A POSITION OF AUTHORITY IS BLATANTLY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AND HURTING THE PEOPLE WHO TRUST HIM, HE SHOULD BE STOPPED. Shouldn't he? Doesn't anyone agree with me?


"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards out of men."

-Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

Me said...

Who are we talking about here?