Saturday, August 6, 2011

Subdued Music and Secluded Couches

In spite of the heat you and I sit pressed close, side by side, arms to wrists to hips to knees. I'm curled with my head on your shoulder, comfortable enough to get sleepy but happy enough to want to stay awake. You do something that surprises me. You plant a light kiss on my head before leaning to rest your head against mine. Maybe you think I have fallen asleep? Maybe I have, after all. We stay that way for a minute, maybe two. It's a small gesture, but one that speaks volumes. Later, when the music is louder and the lights brighter, I'll wonder if it really happened at all.

3 comments:

xanalor said...

Iré a dormir, hoy tendré bonitos sueños, es la hora.
Congratulations.

Unknown said...

I like your post!

FIFA 15 Coins,just take a look here FIFA 15 Coins,you will take fancy with this site all along. Welcome to buy FIFA Coins in our store through following: http://www.fifa15online.co.uk/

Matteo said...

anyone who quotes plato is awesome check out my blog, please