Wednesday, January 13, 2010

April 25, 2009


One of the happiest days of my life.
Three of the best people in my life and I,
piled into a car called Monty.
We bought subs and harassed Jack at work.
We kicked off the journey to Jesus of Suburbia.
Epic.

That giant freaking moose in that yard;
tell me you remember?
And defiling a mansion, just because we could,
and there were no other cars on the road.
We waded in a creek and Mike fell.
He had to go commando in a pair of Blaine's pants,
and Blaine and I had to hold up towels because the boy had already
exposed himself to the world once, whilst peeing by the side of the road.
My shorts got soaked and I wore a blanket I found in the trunk as a skirt.
It's still in my room, along with that swimming polo.
The one that Blaine got so pissed at me over, because
I bit a hole through it accidentally.

We listened to acoustic songs the entire ride home,
exhausted.
We drove an extra five blocks
just to finish Wonderwall.

When we got back to the attic we collapsed in a pile
and took a nap.
Mike, Sam, Blaine, Ange-Jack showed up at some point.
I think he tried to wrestle people?
I was half asleep. So content.

One of those perfectly peaceful days. The ones where you don't wanna shower the next morning, cause you just can't stand the thought of washing yesterday out of your hair.

3 comments:

Life In Photo J said...

I def member the moose. and having to throw monty in reverse to view it in its glory.
ah. that was a perfect day.

Jon said...

I love the last couple lines of this wonderful piece of writing... i know the feeling of not wanting to lose the scent, the smell, the taste of the day before...

so well said...

thanks

planned confusion said...

it's my favorite too :)
and i know it's a secret silly... Valentine told me :p

i love you!

perrel.
do i have to say anything?