Monday, August 11, 2008

Neverland


One of my best friends just moved half way across the country yesterday. Another one will move to Utah in less than two weeks. My best friend in the world is currently in Boston on her fourth college visit this summer. I'm entering my senior year of high school and haven't looked at a single school yet. I have no clue what I even want to do with my life and am incredibly intimidated by the thought that I'm going to have to figure it out in a fairly short amount of time.

It's moments like this that I find myself fearing change more than anything. I'm a generally forward moving person, but in this moment I'm clinging to as much of the past as I can. My heart aches at the distance currently sitting between my best friend and I. When I think that this could very well be the distance between us for years (forever?) after this final year of high school, my heart just flat out breaks.

I don't think I'm ready for this. Tip over the hour glass and tell me you're not ready either. Take my hand and play hide and seek with the future. I'll fly us to Neverland--they'll never find us there. I'll be your Wendy if you'll be my Peter; we can hang with the lost boys. We're all a little lost anyway, right?

No comments: