Sunday, October 12, 2008

No Time Like The Present


look around,

your life is scattered on the floor

with the randomness

of a blind man's rummage sale.

c'mon now,

offer me up

some rock n roll salvation

from circumstance.

the finest day i ever had

was when tomorrow never came,

unfortunately, the finest

has never been mine.

turn around.

see where you've been?

i've been there too

and i'm not going back.

walk forward with me.

i'm becoming to them

what you were to me.

quotations never quite live up to themselves;

do you live up to yourself?

you.

actually.

broke.

my.

heart.

not in a romantic, break-up,

lalalala, we were in love,

oh-so-much-teen-angst

way.

but in the worst way possible.

betrayal.

i understand, i'm not like you.

you're a writer, i'm a poet;

almost like distant cousins-

poets are kind of like people.

but still.

words i was never meant to see,

but that you can never take back.

it's terrible

when unexpected obstacles come up,

isn't it?

dante was right on when he placed people like you.

and i'm not sure if i can

ever forgive you for that.

but i'll try anyway.

not for your sake,

for mine.

for the first time in my life

i'm not all about you.

for the last time in my life,

it's about you.


10 comments:

Эндий said...

i like this :)

and ill be home soon. and i know that. im counting on it. :)

planned confusion said...

pretty loveeeee :)
you're words make my ears happy.
yes && my eyes too.
but mostly my ears.

zerjcbkm-how wonderful.

SweetAndelia said...

This is amazing. I don't even know you (I happened upon your blog, I'm not a stalker), but I can definitely relate. You win.

Эндий said...

^^this person has my name in their name :)

qwbkae



i like the combination of a and e...dont you?

planned confusion said...

first word i think of when i think of you is water && good describing word for you is flower :)

and me?

<3
tzygmnd. i alwasy like t's with z's and m's with n's and s's with (')s

planned confusion said...

hmm...i'd like to be a penguin, but only because they are with their mates for life && i think that's the most amazing thing. or a panda, cuz they are adorable, or a horse because they are absolutely beautiful, or a kitty. or or or a perrana! [idk how to spell it :P]

hm...i kinda like you as a dolphin, i'm not sure why. or a cat, but a lioness not a house kitty, or we could both just be giraffes, cuz they're necks make my day...i'm not too sure about this animal question.

&& if i'm a cat, i wanna' be an all black one with emerald green eyes. just cuz.

what about you??
&& what do u think for me?

planned confusion said...

i think i'd like it best to just be '***' then everyone could make their own assumptions.

how about your life book?

idanz! i do i do

planned confusion said...

i donnt remember being jealous, ha ha either way i probably was and then rebounded quickly. it happens.

i'd love to be a rose. haha that's probably so cliche. but i rle would. i nice deep red one.

and yourself?

<3
vwbbot-i like when there's a v and w cuz u never know which is which

Эндий said...

i think if you told me you were dying your hair purple...and you showed up with a box of purple crayons...you know very well i would help color each and every strand on your head until we ran out of crayons or hair.

ibgyc!

Jannie Funster said...

Devastational but with a most triumphant ending.

You are good with words.