Monday, April 19, 2010

If you go chasing rabbits and you know you're going to fall...


I am evolved.

I am involved.

I am in love.

I am alive.


There was a beautiful backyard. A huge tree sprawled its branches across the blanketed blue sky and pale pink blossoms rained into our hair. Deeper into the trees there was a shack, big enough to sit in but too small to stand up straight. It was nice of them, but too dark, too much shifting. It felt like the film was coming off the reel. Cigarette burns flashing by and you and I walked out. Driving, driving, windows down, Jim Morrison serenading our expanded minds and you and I, we drove. Walking for miles down a dirt path, we spoke of things that made up our personal atoms. The electrons and protons and the rhapsody that was the nucleus of our worlds. A great, white log hung out over the stream and you and I, we dangled our feet in the cold, cold water. I wont go back. I sit in plush chairs, staring out enormous windows, hazy, but crystalline, sometimes drawing, always listening. I discover new things in the sound, in the velvet, crushing, caressing of the notes. And I know I'll never go back to before.

No comments: