Monday, November 24, 2008

The Sound of Your Breathing


You've been coming around more often lately. Or perhaps I've just been more aware of you. I hear your whispers throughout my entire day now. Running commentary on my decisions and answers to my questions for you. You have a sense of humour! Who knew? You used to reside in the back of my mind, but that's not where I want you to be anymore. I'm keeping you in front now, every moment of every day. I want to hear you before I hear myself. I want your words to be my words. I need you close all the time. You, sitting next to me in school. You, holding my hand when I'm nervous. You, your arms around me, comforting me when I need it most. You, lying next to me, holding me at night. My head against your chest, the rise and fall, the pattern of your breathing, the beating of your heart, so full of love that I can barely stand it. It's an uncomfortable thought to think--that you love me as much as you do, yet it's the biggest comfort I've ever experienced. What could be better than to be loved by someone who knows nothing but love for me?

4 comments:

Эндий said...

i am a dark little creature, arent i? :(
its not my fault though...i think...
maybe it is
i dont really see it ending though...its interesting...maybe ill try to



i love this.
ingso.

Эндий said...

haha i didnt even think about colbert and bears. thats funny. but bears are pretty much the badasses of nature. who could beat a bear? honestly?
im glad darkness brightens you :p
cuz i dont think i can change its course...a fast flowing river, darkness is...


bahessid

planned confusion said...

i'm not sure...a question my head's been asking me quite often. and who is anyone and everyone, in this case(:

<3bless.
i'm serious.

Jannie Funster said...

Beautiful.

You will have this and more I am sure.