Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Updates Para Mis Amigos


So. I just started posting again.

(As you may have noted.)

And I've changed a lot since I last regularly wrote.

(Four months will do that to you.)

I feel like I owe an eplanation to my dear co-bloggers.

(My dear friends)

I'm not gonna be cryptic

(or particularly poetic)

with this.

Just sharing.

In April, I moved out of my mom's house to live with my dad.

(It didn't go over well)

It was kind of out of the blue and hurt more people than I anticpated.

(But it was something I had to do)

I didn't adapt very well at first

(as MIKE can attest),

but its gotten better.

I feel like I have a home now. Like I fit in with the people I live with

(my dad, his girlfriend, CHRISTINE and her daughter, DEANNA).

We have a beautiful, retarded lab-dalmation mix puppy

(she's got one brown eye and one blue eye),

named LUNA,

a sweet little gray kitty named MERLIN,

and an adorable tortoise named TIZA.

And last night my dad called me to tell me that there

would be a new addition to the family when I got home.

We got a new puppy.

A little boxer, mutt thing that we named COSMO.

(he's got one blue eye and one brown eye)

We got him from the pound and I love him.

I miss the rest of my family a lot.

(MOMMY, DADDY, SHELBY, BUFFY, GABBY)

I'm gonna make an effort to see them more.

I really do love them.

I haven't been to church in months.

(I feel horrible about this)

But with MARK gone, and so many new people, I hardly feel connected there any more.

(I'm gonna start back up at St. Vincent's this fall.)

Anyway. I'm different than I was. Different than the person most of you know/knew.

(But hopefully not unrecognizable...)

I'm less idealistic these days.

But more optimistic.

I no longer fight with myself for world peace every day.

(It probably will never happen.)

But I can make peace in and with my own life

and hopefully help other people do the same along the way.

1 comment:

captain badger said...

HI MAMA. I'm glad you're updating. :)