Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Love-Hate Relationship. Mostly Love. Only Love. Forget Hate.


everytime i open my mouth to tell you i'm done with this, you tell me you love me. you startle the words away from me.

every time i nearly call you some horrible name, you cut me off, call me honey or sweetheart. i melt every single time.

every time i want to tell you to get away from me, you tell me to come closer. invariably, i obey.

each time i'm about to say it's over, you render me speechless
you hand me a card and it's homemade. a collage of landscapes held together with scotch tape, not glue, and already it's coming apart at the edges. rolling hills, starry skies, sudden icebergs, eternal oceans all simultaneously crashing together and pulling apart. you've given me the world, beautiful even as it rips at the seams. so like life that it hurts. so like us that i can't help but smile through my misty eyes. i open its delicate front page and on the inside in your capslock print is written "THIS IS ALL FOR YOU." you've given me something i'll keep forever.

1 comment:

stuckinabadplace said...

hi, thanks for the comment you left. i dont believe there is such a thing as a love hate relationship. love and hate are on the same line, at the end of the day if your happy with the person your with that is a complete love relationship if there are aspects you dont like its not hate its just people are dissatisfied or dissapointed with the person there with because they cant live up to expectations, yet you still are with them and care about them so there is still love. just my thoughts, i love your blog.

chris xx