Thursday, January 8, 2009

Misc.

^Abstracty thing. I liked it.
^Lil' squiddly-dude

^Modernized Harley Quinn

^In Portfolio Prep we had to imitate a contemporary artist. I chose Salvador Dali. Whilst searching for inspiration for my assignment I approached a good friend of mine for suggestions. This particular friend is rarely seen without a Monster in her hand (huge caffeine addict). I was struck. Why not paint a giant Monster can melting into the landscape around it? This was the rough draft sketch (done in purple pen, of course). The painting is finished and I'll post a picture of it when I get it home from school, a task easier talked about than carried out, considering as the painting is 4 x 2 1/2 feet...



^Block of wood I found in the art room and decided to make pretty.

^Watercolour of Venice-type scene

^Another abstracty thing that I liked. Much like the first painting in this particular queue. I love the word "queue."







2 comments:

Эндий said...

the first one reminds me of city lights.
love harley quinn.
lovelovelove the monster one.
i want to see the finished one.

uperta

KAREN HOUGH, RN said...

you are brilliant, Sammi!
Giving glory to God for the design in you!