Friday, September 12, 2008

Create Closure


remembering.

buildings tumbling

city lies in a nuclear winter.

tears fall by the hundreds,

hands held by the millions.

memories.

what did you mean

when you said 'love'?

why don't you ever follow through?

what are you so afraid of?
is it me?

reminiscent.

it's funny

how the past is the one thing

we should be sure of,

yet i spend most of the time

wondering what just happened.

reality?

fantasy?

fact?

fiction?

what did it mean?

to me?

to you?

will it happen again?

and what will it mean then?

repeating forever.
in a black and white world

everything's so red.

2 comments:

The Andy Man said...

Sometime not everything should be in red, maybe it should find a way to be in technicolor...

R said...

I use "aye" a lot. It's far more fun than "yes".
Don't worry, you don't sound like a redneck, I can assure you. And when you posted that comment it was 22 minutes past midnight here. Sooo, using my completely nonexistent Maths skills, it should be about half past seven in the morning where you are when I post this comment.

Thank you eversomuch for your lovely thoughts on my piece. I really appreciate it, 'cause I don't really ever let people read my writing, so I've never really had feedback on it. For all I know, I could be writing absolute rubbish!

WotD comments: firstly, hurray for "WotD" titles, and secondly, mmm perpetual. It makes me think of perpetual motion machines, but also of eternal love; so it's science and romance all in one. What a word!

ALSO, I love "Thank You". It really seems to come from your heart - I believe every word. plannedconfusion is a lucky lady =) (apologies if I'm just making assumptions there).

I'm afraid I've never studied Spanish (French is my language of choice), but I online-translated that, and...whut?! The walrus walks at midnight? I feel I should agree or something, but I admit to being a little lost.
In return: Le kangourou nage l'après-midi,
~R.

PS. Firefly will do me nicely, thank you.
PPS. I have not, but I shall if it comes so highly recommended.
PPPS. Long comments are where it's *at*.