Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stomache In Knots


dancing with myself. it's not so terrible at all. the difference between alone and lonely. hear it in my voice? join me? because dancing with you is just as good in a way. "I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN." the cry of a petulant child who just wants her independence. yeah, i can do it on my own. but not well. i recognize that, yet misplace my trust again anyway. put it in people and melodies only to watch them drop it. slow motion shattering of dependence and trust. probably for the better. but knowledge of a better end doesn't make the breaking and healing any less painful. my heart is pulling me in eight different directions. choose not to make your own decisions. so many choices. i wish i could make up my mind? bah! i wish i could make up my heart. make it up for me, please. surrender's so close i can hear its humbled footsteps. can you?



so lets sink another drink

cause it'll give me time to think

if i had the chance i'd ask the world to dance

and i'll be dancing with myself

well there's nothing to lose

and there's nothing to prove

i'll be dancing with myself

No comments: