Saturday, September 20, 2008

TImeline Driven Passport Programs Are Useless, I'm Sure


it's a low blow,

but what else could i have expected?

broken hearts (you shattered me),

guilt-tripped love (i can't even believe you would say something like that),

upended trust (you didn't, i want to say. but of course you did),

forced responsibility (because someone has to stand up).

now:

taken (gone).

taken (from here).

taken (forever).

capitulation

has been running toward me

for ages.

it's on top of me now.

it's a cold breath in my ear,

sending shivers and making me

want to cry.

i want to,

but i don't.

i can't?

i can.

maybe i don't want to after all.

kick her while she's down, boys, and

while you're at it stop your cryin',

your makeup's a-runnin'.

i swore i'd always love you

and so i shall.

No comments: