Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finale A


i believe

that you are far too perceptive

and know me much too well

i believe

that i'm far too easy to read

like a neon billboard

abandoned on the side of the road

i stand alone-out of mind, out of sight-

but when you do think of me

i'm clear as day

i believe

you can never be allowed to see my eyes

but i want to be with you

i'll keep my eyes squeezed shut

i'll stare at the sun for too long

and go blind

so that when you look in my eyes all you get is a blank stare

instead of my every thought

i'll even gouge them out

say goodbye to your favorite shade of green

the one with the orange ring flaming through the middle

and my words flashing through it a mile a minute

i believe

that you can't possibly handle

these phrases flashing across my face

and through my every inflection

i believe

that i don't know how

to stop them from

making themselves known

but

i'm beginning

to believe

that you love me anyway...

No comments: